Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hamster Wheels

I really wanted a picture of a hamster in a wheel on a street or sidewalk with cars in the background for my blog image. No luck. I did find photos of hamsters in wheels with no background, of people in very large hamster balls in a big pool, and of a few people-sized hamster wheels in various environs. By far my favorite was this one:













This "Green Wheel" was designed by students from Dalhousie School of Architecture as a "playful protest to the lack of public green space in Halifax" (see whole article here).

So instead of a picture of a hamster, or my head photoshopped onto a hamster body or this guy's body, you get to see a little bit of me and more of my sleeping daughter. I can't really argue for it fitting the theme, but in my book, you really can't do better than a sleeping baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Halifax! That's an interesting way to carry your green space with you.